YouTube is a great platform for video-sharing and also known for an enfant terrible of social media networking sites. Its characteristics have created a buzz among people especially youth. The youthful energy can be felt throughout the platform that makes us lost ourselves. Creating a YouTube channel is like a boon for business people and also for those who want to increase their following by sharing content with the world. Hence, you need to design a channel that looks so professional and unique. This work can be done by creating a beautiful and eye-catching YouTube Channel Art.
YouTube Channel Art helps you and your brand to grow the followers as well as helps attract users to watch your shared content or video and become subscribers to your channel.
The two main areas of YouTube where you can add or upload photos to your YouTube channel are:
- Profile Page
- Channel Art
How to Add YouTube Channel Art
If you’re new to the YouTube or just starting up with your YouTube channel, just follow the following steps to have a clear picture on how to add YouTube Channel Art.
The channel art space appears blank by default, so you have to add a few things to get started. In case, you already have existing channel art, though the method for image changing is essentially the same. This is something you have access to do either in the mobile app or a web browser.
Changing YouTube Channel Art in Web Browser
- Go to Channel Page and click on profile image and choose My Channel.
- Select the customized channel from the two options displayed as a result of the first step.
- If you haven’t uploaded or created any YouTube channel art earlier, then you will just see a grey box placeholder.
- Now select Add Channel Art button.
- Once you click on the selected button, a familiar popup is displayed where you can choose a photo to be added or uploaded. By default, you will be taken to the Upload Photos tab, which is pretty self-explanatory.
- You can see a preview of how an uploaded image looks on desktop browsers, mobile devices, and TVs once you’ve selected the image,
- If you are satisfied with the image shown on the screen, you can proceed ahead and click the Select button.
Changing Existing Channel Art
Do you want to change the existing channel art? All you need to do is Just log into your YouTube channel’s home page. Then move the cursor over the cover art and click on the small edit button that appears over the top right corner of the channel art. Now you can see a popup menu that includes the option ‘Change Channel Art’. You can go accordingly and change the existing channel art.
YouTube Channel Art Dimensions
Here is the best guide (according to YouTube) to adjust perfect dimensions to your channel art:
- 2560 pixels wide by 1440 pixels tall. Keep in mind that channel art looks different on desktop, TV displays, and mobile.
Apart from the above-mentioned dimensions, there are some other size requirements to keep in mind. Let us what are they.
- Minimum file dimensions: 2048 x 1152
- Maximum file size: 4MB (but file sizes can be smaller)
- Minimum safe area for text and logos: 1546 x 423 pixels, with larger images possibly being crossed on certain devices or displays.
- Maximum width: 2560 x 423 pixels, meaning that the “safe area” is always visible despite the size of the screen.
Ensure your channel art fits properly on a TV screen while using the 2560px by 1440px size. You also need to take care of how your channel art appears on desktops, mobile phones and tablets.
Making your YouTube channel art look terrific
Make sure you follow the below mentioned tips to get the crisp, attractive image you want for your YouTube Channel art:
- Take extra care while placing organization names, logos, and people. Lacking off part of any one of those things in your YouTube Channel art is going to hinder your marketing and branding goals.
- If you don’t have an ideal larger image, build your own banner by adding and combining multiple images in a program like Photoshop.
- Start by setting the size of your image according to the size guide mentioned above i.e. 2560 x 1440, and build the image from the middle out.
- Use a downloadable template to save a lot of time by letting you see what you’re doing before you start uploading the image. YouTube provides one that’s compatible with the Adobe products, i.e Photoshop and Fireworks… Here’s another recommended by a blogger named Groovy Videos that works with PixIr and Photoshop.
YouTube Channel Art maker is a handy tool, which helps the beginner as well as advanced Internet users in order to bring their creative and innovative ideas into reality. One such user-friendly tool is Crello, a YouTube Channel Art creator that helps to make stunning YouTube channel art easy & for free. You can create an outstanding design for your personal YouTube channel even if you have no designing skills and budget.
Tips on How to design YouTube Channel Art
- Select the appropriate background for your YouTube channel art form of over 15.000 ready-made templates.
- Select one of 1.245.420 images or upload your own image.
- Change the text and colours to your own branded message to make it look stylish and professional user of over 103 fresh fonts.
- Share or download your own brand new and stunning YouTube Channel Art design.
5 Simple Steps to make YouTube Channel Art
- Consider how your channel looks on desktop and mobile
- Add some personality
- Watch out for your icon and social buttons
- Consider adding a photo
- Keep your colours consistent
Design YouTube Channel Art in Minutes! Yes, our templates help you to begin creating your own channel art and all our templates are available absolutely for free and also free downloads. No design skills needed!
Attract your viewers, followers and clients to your YouTube Channel by using professional channel art templates! Pick any template from our gallery, add your own text and that’s it you’re done in minutes.
You Tube is a video-sharing platform and an excellent way for common individuals and business persons to share their content with the world in order to grow their following. In the process of uploading and sharing your video content, you need to create a You Tube channel. Create your own You Tube channel that looks professional and unique by adding You Tube channel art. You Tube channel art helps viewers to watch your shared content and become subscribers.
Following steps are helpful to add or change channel art in you tube. Have a look!
1) Sign in to YouTube on your computer and Select My Channel in the top right Menu
2) Near the top of the screen, Click Add Channel Art
3) If you want to edit existing channel art, hover your cursor over the existing banner and click Edit
4) You can upload an image from your gallery for your you tube channel.
5) You can check how your channel art appears by clicking on preview option.
6) To make changes, select Adjust the crop.
At the top of your you tube page, channel art appears as a banner which you can use it to brand your you tube channel’s identity. Banner also gives your page a unique look and feel. Use proper guidelines and rules while creating channel art to make it hassle free. Keep in mind that you tube channel art looks different on mobile, desktop, and TV displays. You cannot edit the channel art on your mobile devices rather use your desktop computer for the purpose of editing channel art.