The Student Leadership Certificate / program is to encourage and develop the students through the course of programs, activities, and experiences that provide a pathway to their success, personal growth and help them grow as leaders, in other words, to bring out the leaders in them. This gives them an opportunity to equip them-self with the leadership skills, explore and enhance them more. This would also help them improve their skills and experiences that will benefit them post their graduation from school. All the students regardless of whether they are in a leadership role or not can participate in this program.
These leadership development programs are designed to encourage and recognize student leadership education and experiences at Schools/University.
Student Leadership Award Categories / Types
Here are few of the categories of Student leadership award.
- Social Responsibility Award – For those who engage and educate people about the social responsibilities and hence forth created a impactful change.
- Intercultural Understanding Award – For those who are capable of viewing the world and its history from another’s cultural view.
- Student Engagement Award – For those who have engaged themselves in helping/resolving the other student initiatives/issues.
- Environmental Sustainability Award – For those who are capable of creating awareness/impact about the environmental Sustainability with others.
- Innovation or Research Award – For those who have invented a new process, product, technology etc.. for the increased value of a customer/Society.
There are much more award types like Interdisciplinary Learning Award ,Best Teamwork award and so on.
Principal’s award for student leadership criteria
This would be a most essential award for a student leadership. This has a much intensifying criteria and qualification for a student to obtain this award. This would be awarded to student with below criteria
- who have pursed excellence in academics,
- acting as a role model for the other students
- displayed positive approach on things,
- good and co-operative leader in helping the team attain their goals
- actively involved in helping others
- Respective school leader with the staff, students and members of the organization.
These criteria may differ for different schools/organizations, as these may be set by the school principal and committee members.
Different leadership awards for high school students
There are different leadership awards for high school students, which are completely pertaining to the decision of the school. This might vary like Gold, Silver, Bronze leadership award depending on their level of participation in the programs and plans to achieve it, or it may vary as Youth Leadership Award or Young Leadership award depending on their contribution towards the tasks and organizational goals. Are you a student interested in recognition? Are you a student interested in improving your leadership skills? Then you can go ahead and do these programs to gain more knowledge and make yourself equip with these leadership skills. The program is adaptable so all students can work towards achieving this distinguished recognition.
Why is it important
Leadership is not only about getting developed as a leader, but also helping and motivating others in the team and make them attaining their goals as a team. Student Leadership program is one such important program that every student must undergo in order to train themselves to build correlation with in teams and achieve team tasks effectively. This will help them in building strong relationships within teams. This program is important for the students for the below reasons,
- To enable the students and improve their communications and interpersonal skills more effectively
- To have a magnified Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- To upgrade them-self in understanding managing any change
- To have a clear vision in life
In general, we can say it as an important activity of dealing/managing teams that will help them attain the goals with maximum efficiency.
Leadership award certificate wording
It is very important to recognize/Appreciate any award with the right wordings in the certificate. Having said that, let us see in detail about the components of a certificate and what needs to/ Need not be included in a Leadership award certificate.
- Title – This indicates the type of the document. This can be a simple phrase as “Award” or “Certificate of” like “certificate of Appreciation”. Few give longer phrases as well. Since this is generally highlighted at the top of the certificate, it is suggested to give a crisp and shorter title in order to make the certificate look elegant and graceful.
- Presentation line – Following by the title comes the Presentation line that will have phrase like “presented to” or “awarded to” or “given to” or this might also contain the date on which it is issued.
- Recipient’s name – This is very much straight forward, implies the name of the person or a group to whom it is awarded.
- From – This is the name of the person or organization presenting the award. It is not necessary/Mandatory to mention it as part of the wordings. This can also be given at the bottom in the form of Signature or stamp.
- Description – This part which explains the reason for the award is an optional part. As in most of the certificate the title itself will explain it. And it is suggested to make it simple in order for the Certificate to look neat.
- Date/Signature – As mentioned earlier these can be part of the wording in the certificate or mentioned separately apart from the wordings.
Apart from these we must also consider few important parts like Border, Logo, Seal, Lines in the certificate. Thought all these are not mandatory in a certificate. These may be included with proper formatting and alignment in order to make the certificate look pleasant and stylish.
How to create using our templates
Are you a person/organization who conduct the student leadership programs? Are you looking for various design templates for the different kinds of student leadership programs? Then here you go, with the different kinds of Student leadership certificate templates, which you can download for free and of course can customize the certificate by adding or removing any part of the wordings according to your award type.
“A leader is one who knows the way, goes the way, and shows the way” – John Maxwell.
Enjoy Creating/Developing good leaders!!