Are you in search of CD Cover Templates? Then you are at the perfect page to get free downloadable and printable CD Cover Templates that are very much useful for your music albums that are available in CDs.
You can also design a CD Cover that reveals your artistic flair with our stunning range of premium templates. Each and every template is free and perfect for every artist and genre.
Today we are going to discuss CD Cover templates and how to make them in our document. Let us get started.
CD Cover Art
What is it
Cover Art is nothing but an artwork presented as an illustration using some photographs (related to the contents of the album) on the outside of the published products like CD, Album, Book, and etc.
CD Cover also serves the same work mentioned above but it mainly works for the CDs. CD Cover artwork reveals the work by the musician or an artist.
How to Create your Own Custom CD Covers
Are you in need of custom CD Covers for your sales tools or corporate presentations? Then, just blindly follow below mentioned simple and easy CD Cover size specifications to design the graphics for an informative and eye-catching CD Covers to market your business.
If you are confusing and feeling difficult on how to create stunning CD Cover templates, we are here to make your work easy and simple. As I said earlier, it is so easy to create a professional looking CD Cover templates printed inside as well as out using whatever software tools that you have in your computer. You can start with using any layout program like a publisher, Microsoft word, powerpoint, or any other graphic art programs including illustrator and Photoshop.
CD Cover Size Specifications for Printing
Firstly, you can try for any simple diagram using your desired bleeds. Most of the printed designs include bleed. The final dimensions for the outside printed CD Cover template are 4.72 inches square. The “bleed area” is an extra 1/8″ of space for design backgrounds or elements in order to extend beyond the final size of your piece. When coming to the CD Cover, the bleed is printed oversized slightly and then cut down to size.
The final dimensions for the inlay card are not square to provide adjust the folded part in order to make the spines on each end. The inlay card then creates the cover for the back of the CD and both spines, while the CD Cover inserts into the lid of the CD case.
Printed CD Cover Design Tips
Make sure to follow the below-mentioned design tips when creating awesome CD Cover templates. Let us see what they are!!
- Make the document page size equal to the cover size plus the bleed area
- Play it safe near the borders- Since it is easy to cut but it may vary slightly from design to design. It is always a better idea to keep all your logo information and valuable text within the design safe zone. This zone usually comes in 1/8 inch around the margin of your CD cover or inlay card.
How to make CD Cover on Word
As we all know Microsoft Word is nothing but a word processing program comes in Microsoft Office Suite. Most of the people use Microsoft Word and many other Microsoft applications for many simple tasks like writing letters and etc. One of such applications is creating Custom CD Covers for your music album CD or DVD. Using word templates, anyone who is not even a pro can make CD Covers irrespective of their desktop publishing skills. Custom CD Cover’s give a professional appearance to your CD’s and is created in no time.
- Open Word and select New from the File Menu
- Choose the Template option and click on Labels.
- In the Media category, select the CD Cover templates and choose your favourite template that suits your purpose.
- You can change the background and design of the CD Cover later.
- The selected template is available with various options like graphics and text.
- While editing the text and images, select the element you want to edit or delete and press Delete option on your computer.
- Now click on Insert Menu and choose Picture option
- Select the picture you want to include to your CD Cover and save to your computer.
- You can resize the picture by dragging the selection lines after selecting the image.
- Edit the text you want to insert by clicking the Insert menu and choose WordArt or Text Box option.
- Type the text you want to insert on your CD cover and format it using the format toolbar.
- Do not forget to set the font style, colour, and size with this toolbar.
- At this stage, you can save your edited CD Cover under a unique name.
- Use CD Cover paper or standard copy paper to print the CD Cover from an office supply store.
That’s it; you are done with your CD Cover making using Microsoft Word.
In order for the stores to accept your artwork, it needs to meet several technical criteria:
In order to distribute your music album CD to any digital stores or streaming services, there are a few things you need to consider and keep in your mind:
- JPG or GIF
- Perfect square
- At least 1600 x 1600 pixels in size
- Best quality RGB Colour Mode (this includes black and white images)
A small advice to all of you to make a perfect CD Cover.
- CD covers that are too thick create problem to fit into the jewel case. Try to limit your use of beads, sequins, and other similar items. In addition, make sure to keep your glue layers as thin as possible in order to avoid excessive bulk.